People are usually confused about what they should report to authorities and why. Heck, even a security guard in Bakersfield, California will wonder if certain occurrences are worth checking out or not.
Altha Private Security Services, Inc. wants to ensure your safety as much as possible. So we’re going to be sharing a few examples of suspicious activity that you should either report or investigate (if you’re a security guard). Take a look:
- A person peering into a car or multiple cars and doesn’t look like they’re accidentally locked themselves out. This could mean a possible carnapping or car theft.
- Someone is loitering around schools, parks, and secluded/dark areas. It could be an attempted mugging or kidnapping.
- Open or broken doors and windows at a seemingly unoccupied home or building. This could indicate breaking or illegal entry.
- A stranger is loitering in a neighborhood or block, or a vehicle is suspiciously cruising the streets repeatedly. Security guard services in California often identify these individuals as possible scouts looking for their next target.
- Someone is tampering with electrical, gas, etc., and is unable to provide proper identification.
The effectiveness of police efforts also relies on the participation and cooperation of the citizens and privately-owned security in Kern County.
By reporting these suspicious acts to the police, you are helping make your establishment and neighborhood safe.